it’s not every day that you find a clever way to reuse something from the bathroom, but tali from growing up creative had a simple but beautiful idea that lets you reuse toilet paper rolls. whether you’re looking for a fun afternoon craft to do with little ones or just want to find a way upcycle old toilet paper rolls, this is a perfect afternoon project. i’m tempted to spray paint them in metallic colors to make a holiday-style arrangement…
CLICK HERE for the full instructions from tali below!
Toilet Paper rolls
Paint + brushes
1. Crush paper roll
2. Cut into approximately 5 equal parts don’t have to be exact
3. Place the rolls on a flat surface creating a desired pattern. spend time trying different compositions and patterns.
4. Glue where rolls are touching, hold with laundry pins to dry. You may use a stapler as an alternative, what ever is easier. I find that glue is easier for the younger kids.
5. You may paint and add sparkles. Sprinkle the glitter on the wet paint, this way it will sticks and you wont need any glue.
6. You may expend the pattern in to an organic cell growth. The challenge is when to say STOP.
CLICK HERE for more images from Tali’s project! Thanks, Tali!